MizB (also known as Jenn) over at The Book Zone has created this new challenge. It starts on June 31, 2008 and will be perpetual.
This is how MizB explains the challenge:
The challenge is to create (and read) a list of books you’ve always heard people rave about and thought you should read yourself…but always put off reading “until later”.
*You can choose books that you’ve recently heard of IF a bunch of people are raving about how good they are and how everyone should read them.
* Your list has to have at least 3 books on it. Of course, you can make it much longer than just 3 books. But, you could also just read 3. That’s up to you.
* Yes, your list of books can overlap with other challenges.
* There are no limitations on genre… books can be fiction, nonfiction, religious, secular, etc.
* Audiobooks and E-books are allowed
* Your list can change at any time, but the books you add still have to be “raved about” reads
((There may, or may not, be more rules coming. Stay tuned!))
Since I have so many book loving friends, I am contantly hearing rave reviews of books and add them to my giant TBR, so this is a great challenge for me.
Here’s my started list, but I am sure I will be adding more in the future:
‘The Kite Runner’ by Khaled Hosseini
‘The Birth House’ by Ami Mckay
‘ My Sister’s Keeper’ by Jodi Picoult
‘ Searching for the Secret River’ by Kate Grenville
‘Empress of Asia’ by Adam Lewis Schroeder
‘Bee Season’ by Myla Goldberg
‘The Horseman’s Graves’ by Jacqueline Baker The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein